Saturday, April 12, 2008

BattleStar Galactica is NOT today's DS9!
Lately, I've seen some news stories touting BattleStar Galactica as today's Deep Space Nine. They share things in common, both shows were about wars and sci-fi and special f/x and great acting.
Well, I disagree. I think Battlestar Galactica is NOT today’s DS9. Its better!!! Now, don’t me wrong, I like Star Trek, and DS9 was a great addition to the Star Trek Universe. But BattleStar Galactica doesn’t suffer from the Star Trek reset button syndrome. Yes DS9, had an arc of a sort, but instead of applying the reset button, to just one episode like TNG, for example, it applied one huge Star trek reset button for the entire arc. You don’t get that in BSG. Even if the end result was forseeable in BSG, it got to that point because of a plot twist, and that’s what makes BSG great TV scifi!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home